Internet Explorer 7 RC1 Released
If you haven’t already downlaoded it, IE7 RC1 is out and appears to be better than ever. The only oddity I’ve found so far is that I had to reinstall my Developers Toolbar [link to download]. According to the IEBlog, it appears they did quite a bit of work to the jscript engine in anticipation of the new AJAX sites. I hit it against a few AJAX sites I’ve built and don’t immediately see any difference, but they’re not real complex sites.
Internet Explorer 7 Release Candidate 1 for Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2) (most common)
For use with Windows XP Professional SP2 and Windows XP Home SP2 editions
(Internet Explorer 7 Release Candidate 1 build number 7.0.5700.6)
Source: Internet Explorer 7: downloads
Things I have noticed, but haven’t dug through the RN’s to see:
- Favorite icons seem to be caching a lot better… DI’s icon is actually APPEARING now. w00t.
- Response time on some sites, specifically on some of our SPS sites, is dramatically increased (these are JScripts, so perhaps that’s the engine at work).
- An issue that was creeping up in prior builds regarding the Telerik MenuBar control (creating a wide gap between it and other elements) appears to be resolved. Another w00t.
Continuted annoyances? Sure!
- *sigh* My IE window still looks freaked… having the Live toolbar AND IE7’s search bar. Can one or the other realize the existance of the other… and hide the second search bar? I want my blog and other icons from the Live bar… but confuse MYSELF with two search bars.
- Notice how many odd icons I have? The Menu bar, the address bar, search bar(s), then the Live toolbar… dev toolbar, my del.icio.us bar, and then the new IE7 icon bar on the bottom right. Uhh… *CRIES* Perhaps this is for all vendors, but can you make EACH icon a separate entity so I can customize it sorta like Office 7 ribbons? 😀