Too much news?
Do you find yourself reading TOO much news? I have started to notice that my morning routine of information gathering is taking a bit longer now days.
- I read the morning paper, usually, while I drink coffee. This haphazard attempt at assimilating the happenings of the prior day and what I missed in the prior evening news.
- When I flip on the computer, I peruse the 8-10 blogs headlines that I frequent for anything new, read mark it to read if it sounds interesting, and the hit up the random RSS feeds, such as Slashdot and Techdirt.
- At work, the headlines of my workplace–department and enterprise-wise messages and news for that day.
- When I get home, I tend to watch the local news and world news at 5:30 and 6:00; given I’m home by then…
- In EQ2, I have the live update notes, test notes, random forums that I happen to frequent, including our guild forums, etc.
Meh? The odd side is I find myself reading the SAME thing… especially in public news. I wish I could teach the news readers to filter out duplicate stories (aka: I really didn’t care about Britney Spears’ new baby… but every major media source seemed to cover it). Hmm, perhaps a new todo list item to help find a new, better way. 😀