Office 2007 Beta 2 Technical Refresh
Click to download the 2007 Microsoft Office system Beta 2 Technical Refresh. Microsoft reports that this refresh resolves many of the issues regarding Vista and other 2007 products, such as the Expression series.
So far, so good. I haven’t noticed any performance issues, but I can now finish evaluating Web Designer on my main PC rather than my old test laptop that has Office 2003 on it. Cool.
Observations so far (aka edits to the post):
- In Word, I start up as ‘Document2’ instead of ‘Document1’. No issue with that, just odd…. and I’m curious where the long, lost Document1 is.
- New icons and splash box. Uhh, why? You’re killing us on getting prep work done for training materials, Microsoft.
- In Excel, tabbing doesn’t appear to take you to the next page anymore. Sweet.
- Save as PDF and XPS has been removed due to Adobe whining. But, you can download the update here!
- In Outlook, it required me to redownload the Desktop Search 3.0 Beta… again… to enable Instant Search.
- In Outlook, performance on PSTs seems a bit better… my 900MB general mail (don’t ask) PST loads crazy quick and searches just as fast.
- In Outlook, I can delete the stray SharePoint 2007 (from Office Server 2007 ß) Lists now that no longer exist. Previous versions told me I couldn’t delete the connection to the list.