AjaxControlToolkit v10920 Released!
The AJAX Control Toolkit project has been updated to v1.0.10920.0 with both AJAX 1.0 and .NET 3.5 versions. Downloads and the full work item list can be found on the CodePlex site.
Here’s a quick rundown of the updates from the project site:
- Controls with Embedded styles (Calendar, Tabs and Slider): Toolkit controls no longer need explicit style references when loaded asynchronously. For example, if a Calendar control is placed inside an UpdatePanel and made visible on an UpdatePanel postback, the embedded styles are now loaded properly.
- PopupBehavior positioning (AutoComplete, Calendar, DropDown, HoverMenu, ListSearch, PopupControl and ValidatorCallout): PopupBehavior now respects the position of its parent element even when the browser window is very narrow or the parent element is close the window edge.
- Focusing extended controls (Accordion, CollapsiblePanel, DropShadow, Tabs): Pages that use Toolkit controls which re-parent DOM elements can use a workaround to focus a specific element on page load. The new method Utility.SetFocusOnLoad ensures that the desired control receives focus.
Control specific fixes:
- Calendar: Property to specify the position of Calendar, a default date feature that allows the calendar to start out with a selected date, and a consistent show, hide and focus story that makes the Calendar user experience more intuitive.
- ModalPopup: Ability to disable repositioning of the ModalPopup in response to window resize and scroll.
- ConfirmButton: ModalPopup functionality now supported in addition to the regular windows alert dialog.
- MaskedEdit: Extended Textbox no longer uses Invariant culture if no CultureName is specified and falls back to the Page Culture.
- AutoComplete: Allow users to associate additional data with the AutoComplete suggestions.
- Slider: Slider can be easily customized using its various CSS properties.
- Extender designer support: Enhanced designer support for Toolkit controls using the new “Add Extender” user interface.