Ventrilo 3.0 Released (finally…)
In spite of what the front page says, Ventrilo (excellent VoIP solution, I host through NationVoice, but you can host your own for free as well… very clear, good software, and runs flawlessly with DirectSound over every game I’ve ever played).
Here’s a few of the changes that stand out:
- Modified sound system to remove 99% of clicks at the start and stop of a voice stream. Carry over from 2.3.2.Beta.3
- Changes made in Setup or any of the SFX windows are applied immediately after pressing the OK button to any current voice streams. No longer need to Check/Uncheck “Mute Sound”.
- New and (and some existing) default sound event wave files have been updated and are more pleasing to the ear. Thanks to TJ Powell Publishing (www.tjpowell.com)
- No more freight train sound whenever someone connects! :D
- Ehh, I need to test this more; I didn’t have any troubles with Vista Ultimate x64.
Click here for the full 3.0 change log. If you use a hosted solution, like NationVoice, be sure that your host has upgraded to 3.0 before upgrading your client. You should have received an email from the provider informing you of the change.
Note: It still requires “Run as Administrator” in Vista for the PTT key to work inside games.