Adding Multiple System Monitors ala Perfmon
I use Perfmon a LOT.
The logging and diagnostic software provided to us is, well, it’s just not that great. Very slow to use and get around and every time I want a specific counter, I have to go ask for it because it’s someone’s “job” to add those. Ugh. That’s no way to live.
Until now, I typically have a Perfmon console for each of my major application and SQL servers. Why? Because I was never smart enough to figure out how to add additional System Monitor controls into a single performance console.
Well, now I figured it out!
- File > Add/Remove Snap-in
- Click Add…
- Select the ActiveX Control
- A Wizard will start; scroll down and select System Monitor Control
- Give your new counter a name!
- Repeat this until you’ve added your servers. From there, configure each System Monitor control as needed.
From here, you can either add counters manually or use this brilliant PowerShell script.