Outlook 2007’s AutoFormat Disappeared On Server 2008
I recently finished installing my new workstation at work, a shiny Dell Precision T7400, with Windows Server 2008 and my normal development software. Still bummed that I can’t get HyperV to work with the NVidia video drivers (and not angry enough to rip out the NVidia card and toss in an ATI), but things are going well.
One snafu I noticed what in Office Outlook 2007. Hyperlinks weren’t automatically changing, bulleted lists weren’t changing, etc. I’m honestly not sure if it’s due to Server 2008, permissions, or what have you, but after checking, AutoCorrect was disabled.
Here’s how to fix it:
1. Open up a new email message, click the Office button, and down to Editor Options.
2. Click the Proofing section.
3. Click the AutoCorrect Options… button.
4. Set your options on the various tabs.
Here are a few of the more common ones that I set from the AutoCorrect and AutoCorrect As You Type tabs:
5. Click OK and Close out of the Editor Options and you’re good to go.